Avensong is an active community located in Milton, GA right off of the GA-400. The community began its development in 1995 and was finished in 1997 and has since become one of the most sought after communities in the area. There are three neighborhoods that make up the Avensong community: Avencroft, the Carriage and the Village. One of the draws of the community is the fact that it is such a safe, quiet and family-oriented place with tons of amenities to keep residents busy throughout the year. Additionally, Avensong is perfectly located near Windward Parkway, which is in close proiximity to the Northpoint Mall. Amenities offered to residents include a junior Olympic swimming pool, a playground, tennis courts, volleyball courts and a clubhouse that is available for rent. Avensong is also conveniently located within 32 miles of the biggest city in the state, Atlanta.
Who Lives in Avensong
The Avensong community is perfect for a wide variety of residents, whether you are in the middle of raising a family or your children have recently left the nest. Most of the homes available in Avensong are 3-bedroom homes, which makes them perfect for recent empty nesters who would like an extra bedroom available for when their kids come back to visit or for any other guests that want to spend the night. Many individuals who are experiencing the sudden increase of free time that comes along with the emptying of a nest or who on the verge of retirement will probably need plenty of things to keep them busy wherever they live. Avensong not only provides its residents with some great amenities, they also show a strong community bond via the many social activities and events that they hold for residents. For example, the neighborhood participates in the USTA and ALTA tennis programs, has a flourishing Garden Club and a dedicated Neighborhood Watch.
Real Estate in Avensong
Like previously mentioned, Avensong consists of mostly 3-bedroom single-family style homes, often with 2 to 3 bathrooms. Considering the fact that the community was built in the late 1990s, don’t expect anything older in style. Mostly, you’ll find some wonderful examples of ranch homes, split-level homes and contemporary American suburban style homes in the neighborhoods of Avensong.
Highly Rated Schools around Milton
- Birmingham Falls Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Cambridge High School | Grades 9-12
- Alpharetta Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Alpharetta High School | Grades 9-12
There are a number of community colleges located within 30 miles of Milton as well, including the Gwinnett Technical College, the Chattahoochee Technical College, the Georgia Piedmont Technical College and the Lanier Technical College. The Georgia State University’s Alpharetta Center, which is a division of the school’s J. Mack Robinson College of Business, is located nearby as well.
Where to Indulge
If, like many residents in Avensong, you are a recent empty nester, then you don’t have to worry about cooking the entire family dinner on a nightly basis. This means that you can feel free to indulge in a night out – and on a whim no less! Thankfully, there are plenty of great dining spots around Avensong to try out, including:
- The Union Restaurant – This laid back little restaurant is a great place to go if you’re in the search of a place with both an eclectic style and menu. They have several gourmet pizzas available as well as some fantastic entrees that include a salmon quinoa bowl, chicken schnitzel and Jay’s shrimp & grits.
- Grand Champion BBQ – You can’t go wrong with Grand Champion BBQ if you’re looking for a traditional BBQ menu. All the staples are available here, from pulled prok and brisket to collard greens and mac n’ cheese.
- Cans Taqueria Tequila Bar – Not only is this the place to come for Mexican food in the area – all of which is made from scratch using the freshest ingredients available – but there are over 150 types of tequila to try out as well!
- Sip Wine – For a more elegant fine dining experience, spend an evening at Sip Wine where you can try some of their delicious tapas, which you can then pair with a wine from their huge selection of choices.
There are a number of places to keep you busy in the nearby area of Alpharetta as well, which will only take you a few minutes to get to by car.
- North Point Mall – When it first opened in the early 1990s, the North Point Mall was the largest mall in the country. While this is no longer the case, it is still one of the biggest and best malls in the area, with tons of shopping and dining options to keep you busy all day long.
- Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park – This amphitheatre is truly something special. Located on 45 acres of gorgeous wooded land, there are 7,000 seats available under roofing in addition to 5,000 on the lawn, making it the perfect spot for viewing live concerts.
- Studio Movie Grill – There isn’t a more classic date night then dinner and a movie, and you can have both at the same time over at the Studio Movie Grill.
- Wills Park – If you’re looking to enjoy an afternoon outdoors, then Wills Park is the place to go. With 5 picnic pavilions, 6 lighted tennis courts, a community garden, an arboretum a 1.8 mile walking trail and much more, you’ll never run out of things to do here.
Why Move to Avensong
Avensong is a community-friendly neighborhood with tons of amenities for its residents. It’s perfect for recent empty nesters looking to enjoy a relaxing lifestyle with plenty of options in the way of activities, events, dining, shopping and more. If you’re looking for a quiet but active lifestyle, then you can’t go wrong with the safe and peaceful Avensong neighborhood.