Riverstone happily promotes itself as a family-oriented neighborhood, and with the abundance of child-centric activities and good schools in Jasper, it’s a pretty accurate description. Jasper is the kind of idyllic rural town that allows you to create wistful memories of running freely through the neighborhood with a pack of your friends. Known as “The First Mountain Town”, is also home to beautiful parks, a bit of culture, and enough action to prevent it from feeling too sleepy. Residents of the Riverstone neighborhood will be able to enjoy a small town lifestyle. They will also be close to an abundance of recreational mountain activities, and can easily make the occasional foray into the big city.
Who Lives in Riverstone
The residents of Riverstone tend to be families who are constantly engaged in all sorts of activities. Maybe they’re spending their weekend at a little league or football game, or perhaps they are driving an hour to spend the day in Atlanta. Whatever activities they happen to like, they prefer the friendly atmosphere that comes with living in a smaller, tight-knit community. They also love spectacular scenery and fresh mountain air. Living in Riverstone allows them to have a sprawling home and some extra yard space, so on the days spent at the house, the kids and pets have room to romp and roam. Neighbors watch out for each other here, and parents feel an innate sense of peace that can’t be found in the city.
Real Estate in Riverstone
Quiet cul-de-sac, pristine, lots of room, traditional—these are some of the apt descriptors that define the houses in the Riverstone subdivision. Families have room to grow and expand. If you are looking for a home in the truest sense, then Riverstone will be a treasured find. The homes pack a lot in for the price, and properties average between one and two acres. The homes, which aren’t very old, have all the features that make family living a bit more convenient. You’ll find media rooms, internet wiring, walk-in closets, ten-foot ceilings, built-in bookcases, sun rooms, decks, patios, in-law suites, and many custom touches. Exteriors range from the charming rambler to the colonial two-story that is popular in the South. [listings title=”” qs=”/?status=A&hood=307130&sort=popularity” propcount=”3″]
Highly Rated Schools around Riverstone
- Hill City Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Pickens County Middle School | Grades 6-8
- Pickens County High School | Grades 9-12
Where to Indulge
Jasper might not be big, but it puts you in close proximity to every type of activity imaginable. You might prefer arts, culture, history, festivals, or outdoor recreation—and you can find levels of all of these within city limits, or no more than an hour or two away. Here are some excellent things Riverstone Residents can do throughout the year.
- Visit the Tate House – Nearby Tate is a great place to spend the day. Not only is there some good antiquing, there is also the beautiful, historic Tate House. Registered as the “Pink Palace” it is constructed from pink marble. It hosts many events and tours, and is a premiere area destination for private functions and events. A visit in December will give you a glance of a genteel, Southern mansion decked out in full Christmas trim.
- Make it a Special Occasion at the Woodbridge Inn – Living rurally doesn’t prevent you from finding fine dining in Jasper. The Woodbridge Inn has served patrons since 1880, and their food is delectable. If you’re looking to make it an extended special occasion, have a meal and stay the night.
- Celebrate at the Marble Festival – Jasper is known for its marble, and they make sure to honor that every October. The Marble Festival gives the community a chance to have an all-out celebration. You can count on a parade, music, local arts and craftspeople, marble tours, children’s activities, a race, and the annual Miss Marble contest.
- Chattahoochee National Forest – Outdoor enthusiasts will be ecstatic to have the Chattahoochee National Forest nearby. Hike, splash around in scenic swimming spots, find gorgeous trails and bridges, and visit one of the area’s famous waterfalls.
Why Move to Riverstone
Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, families will adore Jasper’s small town vibe that doesn’t sacrifice access to an active lifestyle. Schools, recreation, and community all make Riverstone an ideal location in Northern Georgia. The scenery couldn’t be prettier, and there is nothing quite like living surrounded by fresh air and the impeccable beauty of nature.