About Lake Arrowhead
Lake Arrowhead is an amazing neighborhood located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Waleska, GA. The area is well known for its scenic beauty, making it the perfect neighborhood for those looking to get away from the business of the cities and to live a more relaxing lifestyle. In addition to the scenic mountain range, Lake Arrowhead also boasts a 540-acre private lake, which is known as one of the cleanest and largest privately owned man-made lakes in Georgia, and the Highlands Course golf course, which is open to the public. Although residents choose to live at Lake Arrowhead due to the serene natural surroundings, they are not that far from the city of Atlanta; in fact, they are only 40 minutes north of the I-285 to Atlanta. This and much more makes Lake Arrowhead an incredibly desirable spot, which is something that was reflected by its recent recognition by the Atlanta Home Builders Association as the “Community of the Year.”
Who Lives in Lake Arrowhead
Lake Arrowhead is a small but closely-knit community consisting of only 1,600 property owners, a 1,000 of which live here permanently while much of the rest use their property as vacation homes. Half of the residents currently living in Lake Arrowhead have been living here for no more than five years. The private and luxurious homes are perfect for both empty nesters and families, whether they are looking to live in this beautiful community permanently or are simply in search of a private vacation property that they can use to escape the hustle and bustle of their busy lives.
Real Estate in Lake Arrowhead
There are plenty of options when it comes to real estate in Lake Arrowhead. Unlike many newer communities that are planned from the get go, the homes here are very unique from one another – a nice change from typical suburban homes. You’ll find a lot of cabin-style homes here, not surprising considering the nearby proximity of the woods, lake and mountains. You’ll be able to find plenty of different single-family homes to fit your needs as well, everything from 1-bedroom and 1-bath homes to larger 4-bedroom and 4-bath homes.
Highly Rated Schools around Waleska
- R.M. Moore Elementary School | Grades PK-6
- Clayton Elementary School | Grades PK-6
- Creekland Middle School | Grades 6-8
- Cherokee High School | Grades 9-12
- Sequoyah High School | Grades 9-12
There are a few different college options in the area around Waleska as well. The Georgia Highlands College Campus, University System of Georgia, Chattahoochee Technical College and Reinhardt University are all located within a short drive of Waleska.
Where to Indulge
The great thing about living in Lake Arrowhead is that if you happen to be an outdoor enthusiast, you’ll be in the absolute perfect place and will never have to look long to find something to do; after all, there’s nothing like the amenities that are offered to you by the nature around you! Not that the community doesn’t have any amenities as well – quite the contrary, there are some fantastic amenities for residents to enjoy within their community. The following are some of the fantastic amenities that you’ll be able to indulge in while living at Lake Arrowhead:
- Nature Trails – There are several nature trails throughout Lake Arrowhead, including the 1.9 mile Lake Shore Trail, the 1-mile Flat Rock Trail and the 1.4 mile Wilderness Trail. There is also more than 8 miles of trails that wind around the shoreline o fthe lake that provide beautiful views of the surroundings.
- Parks – There are several parks in the area that boast some impressive features. The Great Festival Park contains a 40-acre swim and activity center that has everything from a junior Olympic size pool, a basketball court, a sand volleyball court and even a batting cage. The Red Cloud Park offers residents use of an arrowhead-shaped pool, six tennis courts and a picnic area.
- Marina and Boathouse – Store your boat at the marina or store it elsewhere and use the boat launch ramps located here as well. You can even take boating lessons here in addition to renting paddle boats, sailboats, electric motor boats and row boats.
- The Highlands Grill – While there are plenty of great restaurants located throughout town, you technically don’t even have to leave your neighborhood in order to eat out! Just visit the Highlands Grill for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
- The Highlands Course – The community has taken advantage of its stunning surroundings by implementing an equally stunning golf course. The Highlands Course is a Championship 18-hole course that also includes putting greens and a driving range and was considered one of the best new golf courses in Georgia when it first opened to the public in 2008.
- Tennis Facility – Not only can you play tennis at the tennis courts, you can also take part in the Lake Arrowhead Fall Tennis Program. There are programs available for both adults and children.
Residents can also drive 5 minutes to Waleska or 15 minutes to Canton in order to enjoy some of those town’s shopping and dining options. Anyone looking to indulge in an afternoon of the city can get to Atlanta within an hour depending on the traffic.
Why Move to Lake Arrowhead
Empty nesters or families that are looking to live in a quiet and friendly neighborhood that boasts incredible scenic beauty as well as plenty of amenities and outdoor activities can’t go wrong by moving to the Lake Arrowhead community. Those with a special love for the outdoors will find everything they could possibly want within the community as well, from the peaceful woods to the beautiful lake to the awe inducing views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.